Monday, March 30, 2009

Week 10


Assignment: Color the story with a 2-3 color scheme. The story should be 9-12 pictures that portray a story. The next step is to make it into comic book form.

Craft: Using photoshop I desaturated the color from the original photo and set-up a filter. I used multiply to get rid of the white tones and accentuate the black ones. The next step was to flatten the image and unlock the background layer. Then I added a layer for the background color which I picked the color and used the paint bucket. Then I added a different layer to add the color that I would paint the objects I wanted to pop out on the page. I had to use different shades within the color scheme that I choose.
Composition: To help focus the viewer's eyes I made the character remain the same color throughout the comic with the exception of the last slide when the characters merge their lives together they become the same color. The bright colors against the dark background make certain objects jump off the page and draw the attention to specific details in the picture that are important to the story. One thing that I can do is add the use of white to draw attention the the dialogue and thought bubbles that need to be added.

Concept: I need to change the traveling picture where the dad forgets the bag so that it is clear that he and his wife are in different locations. I can do this by adding a background to the picture and to clarify I can add dialogue to previous slides to help get the message across. The picture that I added will need to be the background to show the dad is traveling in his picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment